Saturday, September 11, 2010

Final week of my summer job

This is my last week as a representative for the Mustang Heritage foundation (it was only a summer job). In fact this blog was set up as a requirement for that position. But I don't think I'm going to abandon it just yet... I've really enjoyed blogging and it has really motivated me to take pictures and document my experiences with Allegro and other mustangs. I've also met some wonderful people on this site with similar interests! So, in short, this will be my last official blog post as a Representative but the blog will live on!



Working Allegro on the lunge line. For him it's more of a challenge to hold back that energy and walk at a steady pace rather than building and keeping that speed. I suppose the name "Allegro" is kind of a tip off to that though...
Speaking of which I think I'll share where I got the name from!

al·le·gro (Music Definition) ADVERB & ADJECTIVE: Abbr. allo
In a quick, lively tempo, usually considered to be faster than allegretto but slower than presto. Used chiefly as a direction.


Allegro (Ballet Definition)
Meaning brisk, lively. A term applied to all bright, fast, or brisk movements. All steps of elevation such as the entrechat, cabriole, assemblé, jeté and so on, come under this classification. The majority of dances, both solo and group, are built on allegro. The most important qualities to aim at in allegro are lightness, smoothness and ballon (ballon means to bounce).

I had just taken him out of the pasture so he looks rather ungroomed of at least he would if the sun wasn't gleaming off him so brightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment